Calculator in Exam

Answered Question
Aug 9th, 2007

Can a calculator be taken into a Cisco CCNA exam (640-801)? This would be very useful for any binary-hex-decimal conversions. Or is this simply not allowed ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)

Oh... Very Sad, so there is no software based calculator available through out the exams.

Can someone who appeared CCNA highlight, what type of calculator they get or not?

I don?t know why cisco is making things difficult, they can simply embed Windows XP scientific calculator to make life easier, my the way it is not math test, it is test about cisco knowledge and knowledge how to do subnetting.

Oh... Very Sad, so there is no software based calculator available through out the exams.

Can someone who appeared CCNA highlight, what type of calculator they get or not?

I don?t know why cisco is making things difficult, they can simply embed Windows XP scientific calculator to make life easier, by the way it is not math test, it is test about cisco knowledge and knowledge how to do subnetting.

maloy Thu, 08/16/2007 - 17:45

Soon,

You would not really need a calculator on CCNA exams. I suggest you practice the basics of converting number base. (binary, hex, octal, decimal). This should not be hard for a CCNA.

Cheers,

Mar Apuhin, CCIP

Actions

This Discussion