Where I can find info for "bgp bestpath as-path multipath-relax"

Unanswered Question
mohammedmahmoud Fri, 08/10/2007 - 05:22

Hi,

This will allow the router to load-share across multiple BGP paths even if the as-path is different.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

mohammedmahmoud Fri, 08/10/2007 - 05:47

Hi,

To load share over multiple eBGP routes, the routes must be equal-cost paths with identical BGP attributes (same Weight, Local-Pref, AS-Path, Origin and MED and different next-hop - Even the AS_PATH should match (entire attribute and not just length), and here comes the job of this command to alter the AS_PATH part.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

mohammedmahmoud Fri, 08/10/2007 - 09:13

Hi Frank,

No, you'll have to use the maximum-path to do load sharing any way, but when using this command the load sharing will accept multiple paths with different AS_PATH which is not the normal case.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

adfsdafs adsfafds Wed, 07/17/2013 - 02:43

I know this is really old, but what is the current status for this command? I can't find it in IOS documentation (but found one in NX-OS). On IOS 12.5, it's hidden (not shown with ?) but I can enter it without error. However it does not seem to do anything...

Harold Ritter Wed, 07/17/2013 - 08:09

Hi,

Even though this is a hidden command, I know many  customers using it. Make sure you also configure "maximum-paths" for the  "bgp bestpath as-path multipath-relax" to take effect.

Regards

Actions

This Discussion