cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure MPLS on a 2800

ssjoberg
Level 1
Level 1

I am implementing an MPLS network on 2800 platforms. I am having issues with the configuration. I am trying to enter the 'ip cef distributed' command and it won't take the distributed sub-command. Also when I try to enter the 'tag-switching ip' command it isn't recognizing the gobal or interface command. I am running SP services 12.4(13d). Is there something else I need to configure to enable MPLS?

Steve

2 Replies 2

jayjorda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 2800 series is not a distributed processor platform. It has one processor and therefore can not run CEF distributed.

The tag-switching commands have been replaced by the "mpls ip" commands. I can't remember when this happened, but it's been a while.

There seem to be many options for configuring MPLS on the routers. I have a 3845 core router with a multlink interface connected to the MPLS network. I have 3 remote offices with T1s connected into the MPLS network. Which option would work best for that scenario?

Option 1

3845 core router

ip cef

tag-switching ip

interface multilink 1

tag-switching ip

remote router

ip cef

tag-switching ip

interface se0/0/0

tag-switching ip

Option 2

3845 core router

ip cef

mpls ldp label protocol ldp

interface multilink 1

mpls ip

remote router

ip cef

mpls ldp label protocol ldp

interface se0/0/0

mpls ip

option 3

3845 core router

interface multilink 1

xconnect peer-router-id vcid encapsulation mpls

remote router

interface se0/0/0

xconnect peer-router-id vcid encapsulation mpls

Thanks,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: