Views
Helpful
Replies

aironet 1130 mac authentication cache from the web interface

rubbhead10
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I have figured out how to enable the mac authentication cache on the aironet 1130 from the cli interface but am still dumbfounded on how to set it up in the web interface any help would be appreciated.....thanks

4 Replies 4

hhcinc
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to drill down by choosing Security --> Advanced Security from the side menu on the web interface main screen. The first tab will be Mac Address Authentication.

(This works on my IOS version...YMMV).

--Danny

thanks Danny

maybe I should explain myself a little more.

I am using a radius server to authenticate mac addresses I read in the manual that I could set the 1130 to cache the mac address authentication so roaming clients would not have to authenticate each time they hit a new access point. I was able to use the CLI to accomplish this with the following command

"dot11 aaa authentication mac-authen filter-cache timeout 3600"

after saving the config I went to the web interface to see what changes where made and could not find any changes but in looking in the config.txt I could see the change. I am wondering where in the web interface I can set this up. I find that the CLI is usefull but cumbersome and I would much rather use the web interface.....thanks for you help

OK. In that case we've just gone out of my league...I'm not using Radius servers for my network.

I hope someone comes up with a solution for you.

==Danny

Well its not a big deal I can use the CLI it just inconvienent....but Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card