time of day routing directly to voice mail

Unanswered Question
Aug 10th, 2007

Is it possible to use time of day routing to send calls directly to a user?s voicemail? We don't want our teachers to be bothered by external calls during class time but want them to receive calls from the front office if needed. We are also trying to avoid the phones ringing if someone manages to get to the Unity directory handler and being transfer that way. Time of day seems like the way to go; I just don?t understand how it would route the call directly to a user?s voicemail.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (3 ratings)

to route the calls to a users VM based on time:

----------------------------------------------

Create 2 time periods and schedules--> 1 for calls to reach the phone --> 1 for calls to reach the VM -->

Create 2 partitions --> 1 for calls to phone and associate the schedule for phone calls and 1 partition for calls to VM --> associate with the Time schedule for VM

Now set the line partition on the teacher's phone to the PT for calls and create a second line or CTI port or CTI RP and create a DN with the same extension and set the Line PT to the PT for VM and do a CALL-FWD-ALL to VM.

This will route the calls to the phone or to the VM.

To route internal calls to phone and external calls to VM, I think you should just use CALL-FWD-NO ANSWER INTERNAL/EXTERNAL

Let me know if this helps!

Joel

Tommer Catlin Fri, 08/10/2007 - 10:09

Another way to do this is have 2 lines on the phone. DID is their external number, then a non-DID as the second line. The second line is only used for internal IP phone to IP Phone. They can also call out on this line if needed. During the day, the teach just lets the phone go to VM, on Line 2, they will see that the front desk is calling. Add the Line 2 Extension to Unity profile as "alternate Extension"

Time of day or course works as well.

Teachers then have a choice during the day for accepting DID calls or not. Simply "teach" them how to Call Forward their DID line to VM when they dont want to be disturbed. But on certain occasions, maybe they want the line open for something.

rob.huffman Sat, 08/11/2007 - 09:55

Hi Joel/TCAT,

I really thought that both of your answers were very good. Nice work! 5 points from my end for both of you :)

Take care,

Rob

dselfridge Thu, 09/15/2011 - 07:27

Excellent!

Thanks for that, saved me posting the same question.

5 stars to you too Rob, for your other posts an the subject which I've read and used.

Dan

Actions

This Discussion