Need help on materials for 642-453 (gatekeeper& gateways)

Unanswered Question
Aug 10th, 2007

Hi,

I failed the exam on gatekeeper and gateways today, I managed to get only 600 and passing score was 825. I used the student guide from knowledgenet : " implementing cisco voice gateways and gatekeeper"

despite having read this book twice, I really think that I had not any chance of passing this exam. This book is completely useless for this exam.

So for those who passed it I would really appreciate your help if you could point me to the material you used.

regard.

jean-philippe.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
flash2200 Fri, 08/10/2007 - 09:14

Start by reading the cisco press book for the GW/GK exam from cover to cover several times.

Practice writing out on paper (repeatedly) the example configs for all the key exam topics. Ideally you want to be able to do them from memory before you walk in to the exam. My sense is that you really have to know that book inside and out.

I'm prepping for the same exam and it is my only ref material other than various topic specific documents on cisco's site. This exam does cover a lot of material but its critical foundation knowledge so you will want to take your time and learn it well.

Good luck on your next attempt.

srue Fri, 08/10/2007 - 09:43

agreed...the only way to pass this test (at least for me) is to read the CP gw/gk book several times - and memorizing many of the commands..esp h323 stuff.

vmalhi Mon, 09/10/2007 - 21:22

I know they retired the old version of the GWGK exam (642-452 GWGK) a while back- did the material you use in studying reflect the old version of the exam?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vik Malhi - CCIE #13890, CCSI #31584

Sr Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.

A Cisco Learning Partner - We Accept Learning Credits!

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444

Fax: +1.810.454.0130

Mailto: [email protected]

IPexpert - The Global Leader in Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video-On-Demand and Audio Certification Training Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab , CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage Lab Certifications.

Actions

This Discussion