Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help answering question on Migration from Cme to CCM

samnanveth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating from CallManager Express to CallManager 4.1(3). I'm having some questions base on the differences between CME and CCM.

1. In CCM, there's only one line assigned to a phone button; is this typical? In CME, there's a dual-line with one button assign to a line and the second button assigned to the same line with just different labeling. I used the 1 line and 1 speed dial button template in CCM. If set up like this, will these provide me with all feature, such as call waiting, call forwarding, hold, etc, on one line?

2. I have a lab that is using a crossover connection from one of the serial port on my router, serial0/2/0:23. The router is a 3825 with HM-HDV-1T1 24. This connection goes directly to the lab?s router which from there has a test call manager environment. There?s a voice translation pattern that takes care of this on the router when calls comes in with its DID. When I implement CCM, will I be able to use that voice translation on the router itself, or will I have to configure it on the CCM a route pattern, and if so, how?

3. And finally, I have users that are remote while in CME, they have user accounts created without associating to any particular devices. When a local DN is dialed, the call is set to forward to their remote site's number. I'm unable to figure out how to do this in CCM without associating user profile to a device.

Thank you all for your help.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Calvin,

For question #1; in CCM 4.0 and above each line can handle multiple calls without being configured as "Dual Line" Have a look at he following;

Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings

Maximum Number of Calls

You can configure up to 200 calls for a line on a device, with the limiting factor being the total number of calls that are configured on the device. As you configure the number of calls for one line, the calls that are available for another line decrease.

The default specifies 4. If the phone does not allow multiple calls for each line, the default specifies 2.

Busy Trigger

This setting, which works in conjunction with Maximum Number of Calls and Call Forward Busy, determines the maximum number of calls to be presented at the line.

From this good 4.1.3 doc;

Configuring Directory Numbers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed74c.html#wp1245287

For question #2; Sorry I can't get my head around that one right now, too burned out :)

For question #3; Look into creating CTI Route Points (with Call Forward All to the remote Directory Number) for your distant users.

Hope this helps a little!

Rob

#2. If I understand correctly DID calls come in to one router which in essence send it to another, correct?

With CM you have several options for manipulating called party:

1. use Translation Pattern on CallMananger (this is your only option if you decide to use MGCP to control the GW)

2. Use voice translation rules on the H.323 GW

3. Use num-exp on the router (need to be carful with this one as it's a global command)

HTH,

Chris

Rob, quick question; you're referring to the Maximum Number of Calls Field, correct? In 4.2.3, this number is 196, not sure what it is in 4.1.3. You mentioned 200, not sure if you were rounding up. Blah . . .

-Shikamaru

Hi Shikamaru,

You are correct my friend, this is the Maximum Number of Calls Field :) In 4.1.3 this number is 200 and I thought it was the same in CCM 4.2.x Have a look;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055b5a0.html#wp1245287

Hope this helps! And take care,

Rob

Do you have nother line configured on this device? The maximum number of calls applies to the device not to each line.

Chris

samnanveth
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for everyone's contributions.

I have questions 1 and 3 Answered. On question 2, I will look into translation pattern as suggested. Just further clarification, on y H.323 Router currently, the configurations are as followed:

voice-port 0/3/1:23

!

!

!

sccp local Port-channel1.2

sccp ccm 192.168.2.1 identifier 1

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

bind interface Port-channel1.2

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 1 register mtp0016462a0b90

---

dial-peer voice 501 pots

destination-pattern 8..

port 0/3/1:23

forward-digits 3

----

interface Serial0/3/1:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bchan-number-order ascending

no cdp enable

--

These were setup initially by someone with a CCIE status. I'm still pretty new to cisco voice. Thanks again.