cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Attendant Console and Vista Compatibility

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am running the callmanager attendant console for version 5.1.1.3000-5 of callmanger on my new Windows Vista Ultimate PC. The attendant console itself works fine under vista however it disables the vista Aero interface with the error the color scheme has been changed to Windows Vista basic due to a compatibility issue with your program. Once I close attendant console the color scheme switches back and the aero interface reactivates. Is there any workaround to this issue. I like the new AERO interface, but can't seem to run it with the callmanager attendant console.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried running AC in compatibility mode in Vista? Go to c:\program files\cisco\call manager attendant console\bin. Right-click acclient.exe and go to Properties. Click the Compatibility tab. Click "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I just tried compatibility mode and it still changes the color scheme and disables AERO. Any other ideas?

I am also having the same problem...does anyone have an idea?

Does anyone have any idea when attendant console will be compatible with Vista?

Very old postings ... but I found it on my search for the Aero-problem with

the attendant console so maybe this post will help some people.

I have a little workaround for Win7 and the attendand console 5.1

After starting the attendant console start Windows aero-troubleshooting and check your system for aero-problems. You will get at least 1 error for the desktopmanager service. Close the troubleshooting and after that aero will be active.

I tested it on 3 systems - successfully

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: