cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7931G phones and "Hold Focus"

jdossey7
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a small issue with a CME system with about 25 7931G phones connected to a PRI. All phones are configured so that button 1 is attached to the individual's DID, buttons 2-16 are incoming call DNs, and buttons 17-21 are parks. The problem is that when a call comes in on the main hunt group, someone answers the call, and then puts that call on hold, all of the phones then focus on the call that is on hold. If another call comes in while the first call is on hold, the phones stay focused on the call that is on hold. So then the users can't just push the Answer softkey to answer the new call. I know this seems like a minor thing, but to users this is a big problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ephone-template 2

softkeys hold Resume Newcall

softkeys idle Redial Newcall HLog

softkeys seized Redial Endcall HLog

softkeys alerting Endcall

softkeys connected Endcall Hold Trnsfer HLog

softkeys ringing Answer HLog

telephony-service

hunt-group logout HLog

this way, when a person does not want to take calls or is about to leave the office, he/she presses the HLog button, and the display will show it has been logged out. You can also configure a "final" number where to send calls when all agents are logged out (like night-service).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

first of all, how do you configured the hunt group ? If it is a shared line, in the attempt to "ring blast" all the ephones, that is not the proper way to do hunt-groups, as shared lines have side effect like the one you are describing. This said, what firmware are you using on the phones ?

Here's a section of the config showing the ephone-dn's with the hunt group, and one of the ephone's. I cut out everything else. I'm not the Cisco engineer on this system. Our vendor set it up for us. They said there was no way around this particular problem, so I decided to see if anyone in the forums had any ideas. Thank you.

ephone-template 3

softkeys hold Newcall Resume Join

softkeys idle Pickup Redial Dnd Cfwdall

softkeys connected Endcall Confrn Flash Park

button-layout 7931 1

speed-dial 1 8593 label "Overhead_Paging"

!

!

ephone-dn 1

number 8594

name IP-Paging1

paging ip 239.1.1.1 port 2000

!

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

ring internal

number 8501 secondary 8551

label 8501

call-forward busy 8599

call-forward noan 8599 timeout 25

corlist incoming user-international

!

!

ephone-dn 32

number 9001

park-slot timeout 30 limit 3 recall retry 10 limit 3

label Park 1

!

!

ephone-dn 33

number 9002

label Park 2

!

!

ephone-dn 34

number 9003

label Park 3

!

!

ephone-dn 35

number 9004

label Park 4

!

!

ephone-dn 36

number 9005

label Park 5

!

!

ephone-dn 50 dual-line

ring feature

no call-waiting beep

number 7700 secondary 9058

call-forward noan 8598 timeout 20

corlist incoming user900-international

huntstop channel

no huntstop

hold-alert 30 idle

!

!

ephone-dn 51 dual-line

ring feature

no call-waiting beep

number 7700 secondary 9058

preference 1

call-forward noan 8598 timeout 20

huntstop channel

no huntstop

hold-alert 30 idle

!

!

!

!

ephone-dn 61 dual-line

ring feature

no call-waiting beep

number 7700 secondary 8500

preference 11

call-forward noan 8598 timeout 13

huntstop channel

hold-alert 30 idle

!

!

ephone 1

device-security-mode none

ephone-template 3

mac-address 0019.5699.1504

paging-dn 1

type 7931

button 1:2 2:50 3:51 4:52

button 5:53 6:54 7:55 8:56

button 9:57 10:58 11:59 12:60

button 13:61 14:62 15:63 16:64

button 17m32 18m33 19m34 20m35

button 21m36

Hi,

This is a shared line configuration. That is, one or more of the "ephone dn" are present on more than one ephone with button ":", and cause the effects you have noticed. It is not an hunt group.

Now, if the goal is to present calls to a group of agents, the proper way is an ephone-hunt that has the basic setting of:

ephone-hunt 1

pilot 7701

list 9001,9002,9003

timeout 15,15,15

Then you add the "HLog" button in ephone template, so that whenthe person goes away it press it, it will not received calls for the pilot number until presses the softkey again.

Thank you for your reply. I apologize if I use the wrong terminology for the CME config.

In this case, the customer wants all of the phones to ring at the same time for all incoming calls. As I understand it, the ephone-hunt will cause the phones to ring sequentially. But the customer does not want that.

Yes, it is common for customers to ask for "ring blast" setups, as they never had a proper call coverage setup.

Have them try a properly set hunt-group with the Hlog button and chances are they will like it very much.

Pardon my ignorance, but may I ask what is the "Hlog button"?

Thank you very much for you help.

ephone-template 2

softkeys hold Resume Newcall

softkeys idle Redial Newcall HLog

softkeys seized Redial Endcall HLog

softkeys connected Endcall Hold Trnsfer HLog

softkeys ringing Answer HLog

telephony-service

hunt-group logout HLog

this way, when a person does not want to take calls or is about to leave the office, he/she presses the HLog button, and the display will show it has been logged out. You can also configure a "final" number where to send calls when all agents are logged out (like night-service).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: