cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

do cisco 2500 series routers have serial connections ?

siresword
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i apologize for what may seem to many a very stupid question. i am looking to purchase cisco routers (probably from ebay), and the majority of the ones they sell are from the 2500 series. at school we had 1800 series routers, and it appears to me that the 2500s do not have serial connections (at least not like the ones on the 1800 series). i dont see anywhere where the smaller parts of the dte-dce cables can be connected to the routers.

thanks in advance and sorry for the .. novice question

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

No apologies necessary. Yes 2500 routers have serial interfaces, the number of interfaces varies depending on the model.

Attached is a link to a doc which gives the number and type of interfaces per 2500 model.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007c826.html

HTH

Jon

I guess what I'm having trouble understanding then is how the serial ports are connected. I thought that the dte-dce serial cables were .. small blue connectors (that plug into the router's end), and the middle have the large dte-dce connections. On these DB-60 serial cables, how is one supposed to tell the difference?

Thanks for the link too

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card