Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually assign DHCP info to 7960

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

Gurus,

I need to deploy a 7960 to a remote location behind a site-to-site VPN tunnel. I will need to manually set IP address, subnet mask, and gateway info to the phone.

How can I do this?

I'm running CCME.

Thanks,

-Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All Phones (Except for 7920/7935/26) all should have the same unlock keys "**#". If the phones have firmware version 6.x or greater then you need to hit the settings key before you can unlock the settings.

Only thing which could be different is that the Phones are not running SCCP Load. Can you confirm that the firmware in all the phones are SCCP. When you hit Settings ---> Model Information, it should show the Application Load starting with P003XXXXXX)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following link for the steps to manually configure network info on the 7960.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800b608b.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, the document was quite helpful. However, do you know why certain phones can be unlocked and others cannot? They are all 7960's btw.

All Phones (Except for 7920/7935/26) all should have the same unlock keys "**#". If the phones have firmware version 6.x or greater then you need to hit the settings key before you can unlock the settings.

Only thing which could be different is that the Phones are not running SCCP Load. Can you confirm that the firmware in all the phones are SCCP. When you hit Settings ---> Model Information, it should show the Application Load starting with P003XXXXXX)

mchandak,

Thank you, you are coorect in your statements. The phone that would not unlock does have the 'P003' application load, and pressing Settings before the **# did allow me to unlock it.

I badly need to learn how to upgrade/install newer images on my phones and learn what Apllication Loads, etc. actually means, as I'm sure that my phones have all maner of mismatched versions. But, that is a question for a different thread.

Thanks again for your help.

-Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: