Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM installation

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have DL-380 G5 HP server, as per CCM compatibility matrix (as i remember)these versions are from supported ones on this server 4.1, 4.2, and 5.1

i have this question:

1: if i got a CCM 4.1 version and wanted to install it on this hp server, will it be installed correctly, or there is even a specific 4.1 version for this hp server?

5 Replies 5

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

The first install CD will go through the HW compatibility detection. At this stage the machine and install process will alert you if there are any issues.

But, if you go through the installation process completely smoothly - the I would say your good to go.

So in a nutshell - no harm in trying. Let us know what you decide and how you get on.

regards

Ajaz

??????!

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

With Windows based CM, the important thing to be aware of during Install is that the Operating System is specific to the Hardware and not the CM Version. You can install CM as long as the Operating System requirement and Hardware (Esp RAM, which is 1 GB or more) is met. What is the Operating System Version you have ?? I believe you might need OS version 2000.4.x for this server.

As long as the hardware requirements for version 5.1 are met, such as 2.0 GB of RAM, 72 GB HD the software will install.

One other thing to look for is make sure you have the P400 RAID controller, otherwise you'll have issues.

HTH,

Chris

i don't think so, i used a server 2.0 GB of RAM, 72 GB HD and P400 RAID controller, and others...

but it says it is not supported HW

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: