cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM notification

shahkamrah
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a profile for in the DFM for the email notification.For some switches i choose the following

High Utilisation

And operationally down

and i have selected the informational level,

But i am wondering why i am getting the following messages in the email notification.

EVENT DESCRIPTION = 10.120.11.12: Authentication Failure:MinorAlarm;

I have not selected the Authentication failure from the list and also it does not exist there..

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Authentication Failure falls under the MinorAlarm event. Please provide a screenshot of your notification group configuration.

Please find the screen shots..

For access switches i have used the group B

And i have not chosen authentication failure

however i am still getting the following messages..

My client is also concern about the one one message which does not make any sence to us ..

1. Cisco Configuration Management Trap:InformAlarm;

2. Authentication Failure:MinorAlarm;

there are sevel more ..these are not even in the evenset list ..

Any Suggestions on this ..

You've selected Informational under Alerts in your Notification group, so this explains why you're seeing the MinorAlarm. What you should do is uncheck everything under the Alert configuration, and just keep the events. Events are more useful anyway when it comes to notifications as they contain the atomic problems.

So you mean i dont need to select anything under the alert configuration and just keep the events ,will it give me the information about things which i have checked in the group B for the access switches..

I actually want only information which i have checked..

That is correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: