cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone send me a link that covers installing and setting up TAPS using CallManager 5.1?

Thanks,

Chris

7 Replies 7

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Try the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/bulk_adm/5_0_4/t12taps.htm

TAPS Guide for CM 5.0(4) and 5.1.x is the same. Therefore, there is no specific document available for this under CM 5.1. Also, the following link gives you details about different Documents available for CM 5.1

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_1/doc_gd/dg511.htm

Hope this helps.

TAPS for 5.x is the most easiest I have ever had to do.

I've used an old laptop I had, loaded VMWare, got IPCC running in there and just take that to site when needed.

As for the CallManager side of the config for 5.x, IPCC does it all, config the RP and CTI ports, application user etc, you don't need to touch it.

dear pbosio

i know this is not resources sharing forum, but please i'm in need to ipcc VM, can u please give it to me?

user579@gmail.com

ur help is appreciated!

thanks in advance

Hi user-cisco,

The VMware image is about 5gig. Don't think I would be sending it.

This is what I did, the IPCC disks version 4.51 came with the CCM 5.1 disks and had a valid PAK key.

IPCC 4.51 needed 72gig drives.

Had a HP7835 with 72gig drives and 2gig ram.

Installed using hardware detection and loaded upto 2000.4.4a and with srX.

Loaded IPCC - CCM must be online.

Test - all was well.

Downloaded vmware converter and installed on IPCC machine and then run it, which created a VM image.

Took VMware image and dumped onto a spare laptop I had. Retest all good.

I now use this laptop for IPTel 5.1 rollouts changing the IP address if needed otherwise a create an Vlan for the laptop so I don't have to re-address.

TAPS is not always a must, another option I use is to allow all phones to auto-reg and have the Extension Mobility service working. Create profiles which doesn't have EM associated so you can login but the user cannot logout.

What config do you have to do within IPCC express for TAPS?

Thanks,

Chris

Can't explain that kind of stuff in a forum.

Took 2 minutes searching for it on Cisco. I would recommended you try that first.

Thanks for the helpful post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: