Extension Mobility failure Host not Found

Unanswered Question
Aug 13th, 2007

Hi all,

This morning, suddenly extension mobility service in my place goes inactive. When users access Services -> Extension Mobility, a message "Host Not Found" appears. There is connectivity issue between subscribers to publisher, but 30 minutes after the connectivity is resolved, the problem still occurs. It is resolved by restarting the publisher. I suspect there's something wrong with the EM service, unfortunately I haven't take any notice on it during the problem.

My question is, what can go wrong ? What system activities that can cause EM service unavailable. I'm quite sure there's no user interrupted activities that cause this.

Thanks all,

Wiyandi

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lpezj Mon, 08/13/2007 - 00:22

Wiyandi,

Have you checked if the CallManager Publisher has been up all the time? If the publisher goes down or the ISS in the publisher goes down you will loose the EM festure.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

sr2290723 Mon, 08/13/2007 - 16:25

Hi,

I'm sure the publisher is up, because I didn't see any log in the publisher that tells there is a system restart. I also didn't see any event log that states that IIS service goes down. That's why I'm so curious about it.

Wiyandi

tahiryasin Mon, 08/27/2007 - 10:48

Hi,

I have the same problem but strange thing is that my 7961G works fine but the 7941G has host not found problem ,I think it's a SCCP issue .I have opened a TAC case will keep you guys updated.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion