SIP Information for forwarded calls

Unanswered Question
Aug 13th, 2007

hi, i currently have a problem with a test installation for a customer.

The customer is operating a softswitch (other vendor than cisco) solution where a cisco callmanager 4.x is connected via a SIP trunk.

the problem i'm working on now occurs, when a call is forwarded to a number outside the callmanager.

Scenario

- Call from outside the CCM (no 555) to the internal number 1 is initiated.

- All calls to 1 are forwarded to the mobile phone no 666.

The SIP Information which are sent by the CCM do not show the information needed.

How can I make sure, that the CCM sends the phone number "1" as the source instead of the caller number (555)?

Is this possible with this version of the callmanager?

thank you

best regards

dario

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bwalchez Fri, 08/17/2007 - 08:16

Cisco CallManager includes the calling line (or number) and name presentation information in the From and Remote-Party-ID headers of the initial INVITE message from Cisco CallManager. The From header field indicates the initiator of the request. Cisco CallManager uses Remote-Party-ID headers in 18x, 200 and re-INVITE messages to convey connected name and identification information. The Remote-Party-ID header also gives detailed descriptions of caller identity and privacy. Cisco CallManager sets the Party field of the Remote-Party-ID header to calling for calling ID services.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ec5cd.html#1106198

Actions

This Discussion