Views
Helpful
Replies

port QOS - looking for a good doc

lgontarsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a good whitepaper or "how to" on the different port queueing mechanisms, 1p2q2t-type-info, an overview of the feature and configuration, for the different types of linecards.

I've looked at ciscopress, and ... nothing.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

LisaG

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lisa

Is there a particular switch you are interested in or is this for all switches.

"End to End QOS" covers all the present catalyst switches and their capabilities but with something like the 6500 switch you often have to look at the individual module data sheets for more information.

Could you elaborate on what type of switch(es) you are interested in ?

Jon

Hi Lisa,

End-to-End QoS Network Design

By Tim Szigeti & Christina Hattingh

This Book has all topics covers LAN, WAN & VPN QOS Design Techniq with Examples.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Thanks, I see the book on cisco press. Do you think that 2004 is appropriate... not too many basic changes since then?

Thanks Lisa G

Lisa

It is a good start and it does not waste too much time explaining the basics of QOS as it is far more concerned with implementation details on Cisco devices. It has separate chapters for 3550/3560/3750, 4500 and 6500 switches and a lot of the information is as relevant today as it was in 2004.

One thing to note though is that the book cannot cover every type of module and queueing system for the 4500 and especially the 6500 so it does refer you to some of the specific docs on Cisco site for these.

HTH

Jon

awesome, thanks. It has been ordered and money spent. :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card