Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity & Lotus Notes 8

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everybody,

I was asked today if there was any information available regarding when Unity would support Lotus Notes 8. So, has anybody heard anything? I have been told by the email group here that Notes 8 will be released in September...

Thanks,

--Joe

15 Replies 15

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

So, it has been a few months... Anybody hear anything new lately?

Thanks,

--Joe

Hi,

I talked to the Unity product manager, and here's the situation. Domino 8 support will require DUC 1.2.4, which IBM is working on now. The date we got from IBM for DUC 1.2.4 was "Mar14 2008 (80 - 90% confidence)". The BU should be receiving beta versions of DUC 1.2.4 real soon now so that we can begin testing with the version of Unity that is currently under development, and with Unity 5.0(1). It's quite possible that Unity 5.0(1) will require an ES to work with DUC 1.2.4/Domino 8. That's TBD once we start testing.

After we get the release version of DUC 1.2.4, we'll need to do regression testing, which may take 1 to 2 months. Also, it's unlikely that DUC 1.2.4/Domino 8 will be supported with versions earlier than Unity 5.0(1). The final decision on that is TBD.

Nancy

Thanks for the detailed information...

--Joe

Hi Nancy,

Would you be able to provide an update on this? I was sure hoping that DUCS 1.2.4 would be available for versions pre 5.0(1) as we're not going to upgrade Unity until this summer.

Thanks

Anybody heard anything else on this topic? Are we still waiting for DUCS 1.2.4 to support Notes 8, and are there any updated timelines?

Hi,

I emailed the Unity product manager again. Nothing new to report, but here's a recap:

-- We're still waiting for IBM to release DUC 1.2.4, which should be sometime this spring. We'll then need to do a few months of regression testing before announcing support for DUC 1.2.4.

-- You'll need DUC 1.2.4 for Notes 8 support.

-- The only Unity versions that will be supported with DUC 1.2.4/Notes 8 are Unity 5.0(1), Unity 7.0(1), and later.

Nancy

I had just found out from a Berbee Voice engineer that IBM Releasee DUCS to Cisco. Hopefully things will start speeding up.

Anybody hear anything new?

Thanks,

--Joe

latest i've heard is still on testing phase and probably will be released in summer (sorry, i don't have a more exact date/timeframe)

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We're currently deploying Unity 5.0(1) with DUC 1.2.4. Domino is version 7.

I have LN 8 on my computer and Domino 7.0.3. We're at CUCM 6.1.1, Unity 4.2. We will be upgrading to the latest Unity this summer, DUCS release or not, because we need to go to Domino 8. What I've found is that if I install LN 7.0.3 first then LN 8 that DUCS 1.2.3 works as far as the player showing up in LN. You do get a couple of error messages when trying to open a vmail, but it does work.

Did someone say they have DUCS 1.2.4? Where can I find it?

Thanks

Anything new on an official release date from Cisco?

I had heard it was available and opened a TAC case. Here is the link to DUCS 1.2.4 along with the message from the engineer:

My name is Bob, and I have your case. I see you are looking for DUCs 1.24. It is located under the Unity System Software in the Unity 7.0 downloads page. I am working on getting the DUCs software moved to not be listed under a specific version, but for now, that's where its at. (I've included a link below)

Keep in mind that this is only supported in conjunction with the Unity 5.0 and 7.0 versions.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=DUC1.2.(4)&mdfid=281942013&sftType=Unity+System+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Unity+Version+7.0&treeMdfId=278875240&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&modifmdfid=null&imname=&hybrid=Y&imst=N&lr=Y

Looks like you'll have to copy and paste the link into your browser.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: