cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Phone View

julie.ma
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup CCM 5.1 and Unity 5.0 for finding messages by using phone view as according to the doc on CCO. However, I am getting system cannot display msg on phone when pressing 5 to find a message on a Cisco IP phone after logging on to Unity. I have also gone into Verify Phone View Settings under UTIM and have noticed that the directory number has a negative # assocatied to the device:

DN=<-129415983> Name=<SEP001AA1E24320> IP=<16.113.1.75>

Is the normal? Should the DN be the actual phone #?

I also tried to Test Device under Verify Phone View Settings and status came back as:

Users -125218943 is verified as Authorized.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have another phone associated with a Unity subscriber that you have tested? If so, did you get the same results?

This document "Troubleshooting Phone View Issues" might help you get to the root of your problem:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080883f88.shtml

Yes. Same result with another phone. Went thur the guide and still the same. Will open a tac case.

In the AvCsMgr diags, can you find the device list refresh and see if the dn is listed the same there. Also check and see what your calling id is. I don't think I have ever seen a "-" in the front of the CCM dn unintentionally. Otherwise, does that dn match your phone dn in CCM. For the Phone View Visual Message Locator feature to work, the dn we get from CCM and the calling id need to match. If these do not match, then Phone View will not work.

This feature does not work phone # with 10 digits! Tried 7 digits DN, and it works! Now we know why the DN is - #, arithmetic overlow!

Thank you for reporting this. This has been repro'd in lab and entered as bug id CSCsk13091.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: