Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 30019

Date: 8/13/2007

Time: 6:31:51 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITYDUB-1

Description:

The MAPI subsystem has indicated that the Global Catalog Server

dfwsrv1.ad.corp.expertcity.com which is used to resolve addresses for message submission cannot be reached, and that it has switched to using Global Catalog server dfwsrv1.ad.corp.expertcity.com. Unity will continue to function using this newly selected Global Catalog server and will not automatically switch back to the original one. If Unity does not have a dedicated connection with sufficient bandwidth to the newly selected server, then there may be significant delays in Exchange access by Unity. Please verify that Unity has a good connection to the new Global Catalog for proper functioning.

My unity box seems to be functioning perfectly well otherwise. I'm not sure why it is looking to that server as a global catalog server. From the DCGC reconnect toll as well as DOHPropTest, it is looking at a different Domain Controller and Global Catalog server.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Were you able to get it resolved?

I am on Unity 8.0.3 (ES 2 and ES9 are installed ) with Partner exchange server 2003 and AD 2008.

I am getting the exact same messages in Unity Event Viewer. No service outage has been observed though.

thanks in advance,

Kapil