cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a ATA for paging

dlkoch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all I have seen a lot of posts on thes subject but none on what I am trying to do.. I have a CME running 4.0.1 software on a 2851. We are configuring groups with a all page for a School. The problem aries when we try and do a page using IP phones with a ATA. We can page to like phones and ATA's but when we try to page to both a ATA and a IP phone we cant get the ATA to work. I have a Valom 9970 atached to a ATA. When we do a all page using the paging-DN the ATA doensn't ring to activate the Valcom. Try servel ways but can't get it to work with a multicating paging-DN. Hoping that someone has a config that would works.

13 Replies 13

brauntelephony
Level 1
Level 1

If you are paging via IP, I think you'll need an IP capable zone controller.

I believe Atlas Sound has a product that will provide you with what you'll need. I found out about it when looking at the Berbee Informacast product. I'm only using overhead paging at my location, but have explored converging the two before.

I know that SYN-APPS has a paging solution but this is a small school we putting this in so money is tight. I would rather use IP paging speakers but since money is a factor we are trying the this route.. The shcoll complex is onlt fed by fiber so no copper is available to do a valcom 2003 that wouls do a all page.

As was told to me concerning the Atlas Sound zone controller, you can keep your analog overhead paging system intact. You just need the zone controller.

That was the big thing for me here too -- we have a lot of money in the current overhead system and wanted to integrate it into an IP multicast system.

Hello - I don't mean to hijack this thread but was wondering if you could give me a little more info on setting up the Zone Controllers. We have Atlas Zone Controllers and have an exising overhead paging system. We've been working with Berbee(&Informacast) but have not had real good luck. Was wondering if we could bypass the Berbee part and just use the zone controllers with our CCM5.1 integration? Any insight you could provide? I'm not concerned about IP broadcasting (to the phones), just want to get into the overhead system.

Thanks!

I used a ATA on a Valcom 9970 Page Port. You dial the extension number of the ATA and it ring the Valcom which answer the call and open a audio path to th paging speakers. you can use a FXO port on too but doesn't give as good supervision is not as good.

4bsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Email me at bsmith@coconino.az.gov and I will send the setup screen shots to you.

Bill

Thank you butI do have the ata connected to a Valcom 9970 and that works ok. I need a way to page a IP phone that is using IP multicasting and a AT that is in the same paging Group. The ATA doesnt support Multicasting they need to ring so that the Valcom will answer it. The problem arrise when I try and add a ATA to a paging DN the IP phones work but the ATA wont ring.

som config is below

ephone-dn 284

number 81

name HS PAGING GROUP 1

paging ip 239.1.1.1 port 2000

ephone-dn 71

number 1101

label 1101

description Page Zone 1

name High School Paging

!

! phone 71

description ATA-01-PORT 1 HIGH SCHOOL PAGING

mac-address 0007.0E36.E669

paging-dn 284

type ata

button 1:71

!

Did you get this operational?

I did yes and works great. we also just did multicast paging with a 7906 where we wired the music in port of the Valcom Amp to the speaker of a 7906 and that works great too. Not a very clean install but the location we did this had a Norstar and they did the same thing for the overhead paging on a older Nortel phone.

Excellent! I have been pulling my hair out over a couple of fax machines and a postage meter connected to ATAs. I came up with a good fix, if anyone is interested.

Did u get the paging to work through the ip phones and the ata at the same time. If the customer dials say 8000 the paging dn for multicast paging to the ip phones the page went to the phones as well as the ata to the overhead system connected to the ata. Just need some clarification on your post. I have a customer that needs this I do not want to waste a long drive to test.

Thanks

No it will not page the ATA and the IP phones at the same time. The ATA won;t do multicast. Sure wish they did it would be a cleaner install. The ony way I found is to wire a 7906 speaker to a music port of a pagin AMP then the paging dn works.

4bsmith
Level 1
Level 1

See the attachment for ATA setup...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: