1242 AP stuck in oper down status

Answered Question
Aug 13th, 2007

Hello,

I recently deployed a 1242a\b\g AP. I can see it in WCS (version 4.1). However, the radio's are stuck in a oper down status. At first I was getting an error that the power was insufficient. It is set up with an ethernet power injector. I switched out the power brick and injector. Now I just get the down status on WCS.

The radios show they are enabled and admin status is enabled, but so far every attempt to bring the radios up has failed. Is there something else I need to check or configure?

Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 9 years 6 months ago

Hi Kendall,

Just to add a note to the good info you received from Frank. If the radios are down this sounds like you are still having a power issue. Have a look at this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=WLAN%20Radio%20Standards&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddc4f01

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
frankzehrer Mon, 08/13/2007 - 21:30

Hi Kendall,

did you checked the country code in "Wireless" -> Country"? It has to match with your APs country code.

Best reagrds,

Frank

johnsonk1024 Tue, 08/14/2007 - 03:54

Yes, the country code is set for US. Here is the alarm I am getting;

AP '1A-AP10-1242', interface '802.11b/g' is down on Controller '172.16.x.x

I get the same message for the 'a' radio also.

Correct Answer
Rob Huffman Tue, 08/14/2007 - 05:04

Hi Kendall,

Just to add a note to the good info you received from Frank. If the radios are down this sounds like you are still having a power issue. Have a look at this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=WLAN%20Radio%20Standards&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddc4f01

Hope this helps!

Rob

johnsonk1024 Tue, 08/14/2007 - 06:53

That was the issue. Apparently, the CDP bug has not been resolved yet.

Thanks for the help.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode