cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877 and 871 w/IOS 12.4(15)T1 and SDM 2.4.1

gstrugs
Level 1
Level 1

On an 877 and an 871 with 12.4(15)T1 and SDM 2.4.1, IPS version 5 signatures are not showing in the 'Configure-->IPS' screen. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

See attached doc.

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Router memory and resource constraints prevent a router from loading all Cisco IOS IPS signatures. Thus, it is recommended that you load only a selected set of signatures that are defined by the categories. Because the categories are applied in a "top-down" order, you should first retire all signatures, followed by "unretiring" specific categories. Retiring signatures enables the router to load information for all signatures, but the router will not build the parallel scanning data structure.

Retired signatures are not scanned by Cisco IOS IPS, so they will not fire alarms. If a signature is irrelevant to your network or if you want to save router memory, you should retire signatures, as appropriate

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080747eb0.html#wp1064428

tigurius
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same problem, but I was unable to find a solution yet. My router is 1811 and has 384 MB RAM, so I think that memory is no issue. Any help?

I think it's a bug in 12.4(15)T1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card