cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 TFTP

jkuehl
Level 1
Level 1

i have a new asa 5505 and i am wanting to update the asdm and asa and I am able to ping the inside address, but i am not able to ping my tftp server when it is getting the ip from the asa.

17 Replies 17

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Is the tftp server on the same subnet as the inside interface of the ASA ?. If not does the ASA have a route to the tftp server subnet ?

Jon

the tftp server is getting a dhcp ip from the ASA. when i try and ping from the inside to that Ip it is not being found. to answer your question, yes the subnet's are the same.

Put this in the ASA and let me know if you can ping

icmp permit any inside

I entered that command. I am still unable to ping my 192.168.1.2 TFTP server

Can you post your ASA config?

attached is our latest config

Try remove the management-only from vlan 1

interface Vlan1

no management-only

It has been done and I am still not able to ping from the inside interface to my TFTP server

I just notice that in your config there is no Ethernet interface assign to vlan1 that is your inside

by default all my ethernet interfaces are part of VLAN 1, it just doesn't show up in the config. If I go in to the asdm, under interfaces i see that all are joined to VLAN 1.

The TFTP server is connected in the ASA?

yes, tftp server is plugged into ethernet 0/1

Did you copy the config from another pix/asa dumped in this asa?

There is no ip in the outside interface, there is an IPSec tunnel, multiple telnet, http and ssh hosts in outside and then an ssh any outside. There is no acl apply in the inside but there is an acl apply to the outside allowing anything.

Try this, if doesn't then try erasing the config and start over.

access-list inside_access_in extended permit ip any any

access-group inside_access_in in interface inside

I dumped everything from the other asa from the start. I took off the outside IP since this will be using a different static IP. The other asa is working fine, but this asa is not allowing the ping from inside to any of the ethernet interfaces. I am leaning towards erasing and starting over from stratch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card