Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841, VPN IPsec, F/W support

Hi,

1) i have a 1841 cisco router with IOS image: c1841-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin which is not supporting VPN/IPSec, Firewall and Intursion prevention system, as asking to update the IOS image where i was unable to download from cisco software center, when i register it is giving guest rights only which is not permissible to download from site. help me how to get IOS image which supports all these features

2) only one user was able to connect to our US office VPN server when we connect through Cisco 1841 router, what needs to be implemented on cisco router if multiple simultaneous vpn connections to be established.

Please help very urgent

Regards,

Venkat S. Dendukuri

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. contact your cisco reseller for the purchase of a maintenance contract and upgrade license to ip security image in order to be enabled to download.

2. the router does not enforce any limit on the VPN connections it is presenting to a VPN server so the problem is not with the router.

Hope this helps,please rate post if it does!

Thank you for your earliest reply and valuable suggestions,

but when i remove the internet connecticity from cisco 1841 router and gave directly to f/w or directly to Local Network all users were able to get connected with VPN.

Then why i am unable to connect when router is connected. i also tried with the help of another internet connection found no problem with out the connectivity of router.

Scenario: Cisco router 1841 is connected to WAN, FE 0/0 is connected to Netgear Firewall, netgear firewall connected to Local LAN, VPN connectivity is through Netgear VPN Client software

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card