Views
Helpful
Replies

router's clock for PBX

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

URGENT!

I have a router 2801 who has E1 controller. Through this controller I connect router to PBX (Avaya Tenovis Integral 33. Because the PBX cannot give the router sync clock how can I setup the router to give sync clock the PBX.

19 Replies 19

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"clock source internal" unde controller E1.

Also do not forget the commands networks-clock-participate and network-clock-select.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I've tried but I've got the message: "Controller e1 0/0/0 is not deriving clock from line."

Right, this is the case when controller has clock internal. So leave the "networck-clock" commands as default and you will be sourcing clock to the PBX.

I cannot see the command "network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0" in my sh run output and I've still have "slip errors".

That makes me think the PBX is indeed using internal clock.

Try setting clock external and "networck-clock" commands on the router and see how it goes.

I've put clock source line and after that I could put the command network-source-select 1 e1 0/0/0 and also now Ican see it in th sh run output.

Now check for slips and if possible do the same on PBX. The try sending a long fax between router and PBX and if it goes you're all set.

sh network-clok get me

Priority 1

Clock source E1 0/0/0

Clock state GOOD

Clock Type E1

there are no slip errors but it seems that PBX cannot get sync clock from router. :(

Is there any way to check more...

What is the PBX reporting ? When the router is set for internal clock but slips are seen it means the PBX is not resend back router's clock but it's own.

here are my cfg file. Is there anything wrong?

Nothing wrong but nothing is configured under controller E1.

This is config of controller e1Č

framing is CRC4

Line code HDB3

Clock source is line

That is all good but unless you configure pri-group under controller there is no way you can connect voice to the PBX.

How can I do it?

I've put isdn switch-type primary-net5 in global config mode and after that I tried to config pri-group under controller but I ve got message "Insufficient resources to create pri-group -it has been removed"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: