cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog via url

r.kallfass
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to creat a perl-script which send syslog via url ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will need to login to the slave, and manually enable the automated action to send your messages. Currently, there is no automated high availability features for LMS.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ycae
Level 1
Level 1

Why would you like to do that?

As far as i know, syslog deamon only accepts message through port udp/514.

What you could do is having a perl script on both sides, one sending the message to the other one through an url and the one getting the message passing it to syslogd.

Yves

First thanks for answer. I want send syslog only if a certain server is not online, so i need a perl script. Why Url ? Because i have an openview server for syslog, and i can send syslog only through an url.

If your device is running 12.3(2)T or higher, you can use the Embedded Syslog Manager on the device to send syslog messages in any format you want, and to any destination. ESM uses TCL-based filters to modify syslog messages in-line. This means you can also drop the message or modify its content. More about writing ESM filters can be found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801a8516.html .

Thanks for help, an other question, can i disable/enable automated actions with CLI-commands ?

If you mean automated actions in RME, no. These can only be enabled and disabled via the GUI.

Yes, i mean automated actions in RME. My Problem is, i have two server(master-slave) which runs with LMS3.0, the master sends syslog to an openview server, but i want, if the master is not there, the slave server should take the renouncement and send syslog to the same openview server. How can i realize that ?

You will need to login to the slave, and manually enable the automated action to send your messages. Currently, there is no automated high availability features for LMS.

ok, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: