Views
Helpful
Replies

Log

sureshkum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

access-list branch-policy line 43 permit tcp 172.16.0.0 255.240.0.0 host 172.30.2.140 eq 445

This is my ACL.But i wanted to know which are all systems are connecting to 172.30.2.140.the broblem is if the source systems are connecting always to 172.30.2.140 means i could find trou sh conn command rite, But they are connecting occasionally.hence i m getting hit counts in that particular ACL.So could please share with me, How could i find the Connecting source ip address.Please help me..Thanks in advance

11 Replies 11

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

enable syslogging for the traffic and log all the traffic matching that ACL to syslog server.

~Rohit

Hi,

Thanks a lot for ur response.I have added already.But unable to find any entry related to 445 port for that corresponding source and destination.I m getting only denied logs.but it should come under permit log i think so.my syslog trap level is notification.What i have to do further?.Please..Acl in given below

access-list branch-policy line 43 permit tcp 172.16.0.0 255.240.0.0 host 172.30.2.140 eq 445 log 6 interval 300 (hitcnt=106)

That traffic is coming from a branch office through the Internet unencrypted?

Hi,

sorry for delay reply.

No.Its coming through leased line..

sureshkumar

from your previous post: my syslog trap level is notification. I believe that the logging level for access lists is informational. Change the trap level to informational and let us know what happens.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi rick,

thanks a lot..Found the logs..thanks a log

Rick i have a query,

Is syslog will generate only deny logs bydefault?..In order to receive all type of(what ever the connections establishing and denied logs also) what are the config setting we have to do in Pix?..

Hi Sureshkumar

I have already answered this question in VPN security forum for you. You need to set your syslog trap level to informational.

If you leave your trap level as notification you will not see the permits.

HTH

Jon

Sorry jon, that day i thought wrongly that my logging level is informational.Today i justifyed.

i have one more query in above post.kndly reply me

Sureshkumar

I believe that your question is: Is syslog will generate only deny logs by default?

The answer to that is no it is not default to generate logs only for deny. It will generate logs for any ACL statement that includes the log keyword. So if you have permit statements including the log keyword then you should see the permitted packets in your log messages.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thank you rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card