Unanswered Question
Aug 14th, 2007

Hello everyone,

I have recently completed my CCNA certification. But I am a little confused on what course to follow next.

My personal inclination is be in a technical stream -networks or infosec, wherein I am not required to work on operations and daily maintenance/support. Prefer designing or development work. Also looking further on a long term basis(say 10 years from now) I would like to break free from job and start some kind of consultancy service on my own.

I would be very much grateful if you could pls provide me your valuable suggestion. Thanks in advance!

Best Rgds,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
guruprasadr Tue, 08/14/2007 - 06:55

HI Satish, [Pls RATE if HELPS]

Congratz on your CCNA Acheivement.

Security Industry:

If you wanted to be in Infosec Industry means its better to go for a CCSP, CCIE (Security), CCSE and other Security Related Certifications in Industry.

Others Organization:

If you wanted to be in a Routing & Switching Domain for a Organization means it better to go for a CCNP, CCIE (R & S) and further on...

Service Provider:

If you wanted to be in a Service Provider Organization means i highly recommend to go for a CCIP, CCIE (SP) and further on...

INFO: If you wanted to be in Design & Implementation Work means it requires some amount fo Experience in Network Industry in Troubleshooting the Problem, Maintaining & Managing the Networks, etc., areas.

Hope i am Informative.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

satish_b1 Sun, 08/19/2007 - 23:10

Hi Guru Prasad,

Thanks, that helped; btw how do I rate the suggestions here.

Best Rgds

This Discussion