cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Advanced Services upgrade included in Smartnet or where to find?

gregorybe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my 877 router with 'IP Advanced Services', but if I understand everything here, upgrades aren't included in smartnet, so this upgrade isn't included? So buying a smartnet contract wouldn't help me.

Where can I buy this upgrade?

Because the store where I bought the router cannot help me with this.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gregory

It is correct that a Smartnet contract covers maintenance and version upgrades for the feature set that you purchased. It would cover upgrade from 12.3 to 12.4 but would not cover upgrade from IP BASE to IP Advanced Services. For the feature upgrade you need to purchase a feature license. I am surprised that the store where you bought the router can not help you with that. But if they can not, there are various resellers for Cisco who would be glad to sell you the feature license. If you want additional assistance you may email me using the address in my NetPro profile.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Ok thank you,

I found the 'Cisco IOS Advanced IP Services' in another store.

They also offer 'Cisco IOS Advanced Enterprise Services ' for just 30euros more (then the Adv IP services) for the 877, So I went to the Cisco Feature Navigator to see if it's worth paying 30euro more. But this Feature Set isn't in the list if I select my platform.

Where can I find the difference between:

Cisco IOS Advanced IP Services and Cisco IOS Advanced Enterprise Services

and is Cisco IOS Advanced Enterprise Services supported by my 877 router?

Thank you again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: