cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Application session - exception

paulcian_2
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to handle a call once the Max Application Session has reached? We would like to just play an announcement stating that there is high call volume and to try late? It seems that the calls are running the "System Default Script". Not sure where that is or if it can be modified.

CRA 3.5(2)

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

There is no way to know when the Max Application Session has reached. If you are using IPCC Express, you can try to use the 'Get Reporting Statistics' step, and check the 'Calls Waiting field'. If the calls are greater than the ports in your Max Application Session, you can try to transfer the call to a phone, but this method could not be accurate, because you can have self-service applications.

If you are using IPCC Enterprise, you will know how many ports are busy and idle in order to avoid send a call to an IP/IVR with all the ports busy.

The wav file for the 'System Default Script' is 'system_problem.wav' located in 'Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\system\default' and in 'Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\system\en_US'.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I have been checking some steps in the CRS Script Editor, and you can know when a call has no ports to be handled: you can add the 'On Exception Goto' step to activate the 'ApplicationMaxSessionsException' exception and manage the situation, for example, transferring the call to an extension or hunt group.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I have tried the "On Exception Goto" step for

"ApplicationMaxSessionsException" and it doesn't seem to work. Do you have this working?

Also, is there an actual 'System Default Script'? I would like to see what that script looks like.

Thanks for your response.

Hi paulcian,

Did you get it work ? I have the same issue here and I would like to know how you solved it.

Thanks!

No. I tried the "Go To Exception" step but still didn't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: