cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.0 - phone view

gbwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed UC 2.0 and have integrated it successfully with CUCM 5.1. I am having a problem with Phone View in that I am unable to use this feature. I have gone through the docs on CCO and configured as requested; however it gives no URL to point IP Phones to in order to use this feature. In dealing with the similar feature from Unity Express, there is a URL you must point to on the CUE blade and everything is fine. Am I completely off base here or is the documentation insufficient on CCO? Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Phone View is not supported on IP Communicator.

Please test on a 7941, 7961, 7970, or 7971 as these are the phones that were specifically tested with this feature.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dcmckee
Level 1
Level 1

You do not need to configure a service url for UC 2.0 Phone View. The docs on CCO should be sufficient. Note that to use this feature, you login to your voice mailbox as a subscriber from the phone you want the messages to be displayed on and then either say "Show messages" if you are voice enabled or go through the message locator menu to get to Phone View (I think).

Make sure you are using a supported phone:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/support/6xcucmbesupp.html#wp44248

Configuring Phone View:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/administration/guide/2xcucsag245.html

Special Phone View settings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac_cmbe/guide/6xcucmbemac040.html#wp1108919

Thanks, I have the voice command peice working but not the phone view. There is no option for show or view messages by using voice commands or message locator - any thoughts.

Along with enabling Phone View checkbox and filling in the CTI user information, have you also enabled Message Locator on the Phone Menu page, under Finding Messages with Message Locator. I believe both Message Locator and Phone View need to be enabled for the feature to work.

Yes, it allows me to select message locator or voice reco. - not both. Then I enabled phone view as well. Now, I am testing this with IP Communicator, any issues that you know of there?

Plus, in the docs from CCO the following:

d. In the credential policy for the Phone View CTI user, verify that the User Must Change at Next Login and the Does Not Expire check boxes are both unchecked. Otherwise, Phone View will not work.

I do not get that option under user management within CUCM 5.1(2) application user entry.

Phone View is not supported on IP Communicator.

Please test on a 7941, 7961, 7970, or 7971 as these are the phones that were specifically tested with this feature.

Thanks,

It works with the 7961.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: