Routing between point-to-point T1 to VPN

Unanswered Question
Aug 14th, 2007

I have (2) networks; one is a private point-to-point T1 the other is a VPN connection across the public internet. I am trying to get the two sites to communicate through my corporate office where both the t1 and VPN is terminated. On the T1 side i have a 1720 on the remote and a 3745 at corporate. On the VPN side I have a PIX at the remote and a VPN3000 at corporate. The private remote network is and the VPN network is Corporate is How can i route traffice from the VPN site to the private T1 remote and vice/versa?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rwyates_2 Tue, 08/14/2007 - 10:57

Are you running a routing protocol on either network?

If not, you will have to either add a dynamic routing ptotocol or static route so the netowkrs know how to connect to each other.

ross.bagurdes Tue, 08/14/2007 - 12:02

You'll need to put a NAT 0 statement for non-vpn subnet on the external Interface goign to your VPN site. This should allow traffic though.

We had a similar problem where traffic couldn't get routed between 2 VPNs, comming into a single device. The NAT 0 on the outbound interface fixes that.

ross.bagurdes Wed, 08/15/2007 - 08:01

ACLs - selecting traffic to and from the remote site.

access-list CAMPUS_nat0_outbound extended permit ip

access-list CAMPUS_nat0_outbound extended permit ip

nat (CAMPUS) 0 access-list CAMPUS_nat0_outbound

These commands are for the ASA. Not sure of the coresponding command for the router, but i'm sure it is something similar.

'(CAMPUS)' is referring to a physical interface, that is named campus. I'm guessing that you would do this at the router(config-if)#, and leave off the (CAMPUS) part.

This Discussion