Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Monitoring for IPCC Express

mikechristensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recently took over (i.e. fell in my lap) for our Cisco IP phone system, and one of our call centers wants to run remote monitoring. My problem is that the supervisors in that department are unable to monitor calls on any of their agents. Here is a breakdown of the configuration:

-Running CCM 4.2(3) with SR2b

-Running IPCC Express 4.0(4) SR1 Build 029

-Cisco 7961G IP Phones

-IPCC Desktop Agent installed on all agent's PC's and are running (Win 2000)

-IPCC Agent and Supervisor installed on supervisor's PC's (Win 2000)

-All agents have 5-digit ICD extensions (enabled)

-Agents use one-button login for their phones

-All phones have been associated with JTAPI provider

-All phones have span to PC port enabled in CCM and PC's are connected through the RJ-45 port on the phones.

-Agents & their extensions are associated with proper teams in IPCC Express.

-Agents will show up when a supervisor launches their Supervisor Desktop, but are unable to monitor a call. (Already checked speakers and made sure audio ports and sound card were functioning)

I'm almost certain I'm missing something in the config, but I'm not sure what it could be. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

djohnson
Level 1
Level 1

I am troubleshooting this same issue as well, I have all of my agents working except for two.

First I would ask is are you running NIC teaming on the server? This is not an acceptable config.

Second, from the IPCC server go to program files/cisco/desktop/bin and run postinstall.exe

Make sure you have the correct IP of the server on the first screen and hit okay. On the next screen click on VoIP Netowrk Device and make sure that the second NIC on the server is selected as the packet sniffing NIC.

Thirdly, the issue could be with the NIC cards you are using, in which case you may need to work with TAC to find a work around.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

djohnson
Level 1
Level 1

I am troubleshooting this same issue as well, I have all of my agents working except for two.

First I would ask is are you running NIC teaming on the server? This is not an acceptable config.

Second, from the IPCC server go to program files/cisco/desktop/bin and run postinstall.exe

Make sure you have the correct IP of the server on the first screen and hit okay. On the next screen click on VoIP Netowrk Device and make sure that the second NIC on the server is selected as the packet sniffing NIC.

Thirdly, the issue could be with the NIC cards you are using, in which case you may need to work with TAC to find a work around.

Problem has been solved. Thanks for your input!