Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1310G-A-K9 & AIR-ANT3338

ghugerajesh1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can i use AIR-ANT3338 with AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R?

if yes what range it will give me in typical university campus?

my purpose it to distribute internet on 2.4 GHz wireless for university students.

AIR-ANT3338 is directional or ominidirectional ?

thax in advance

6 Replies 6

valstan
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can. AIR-ANT3338 is an outdoor long-range directional connections antenna and it has 21 dBi gain and 12.4? H 12.4? V beam width. Approximate range at 2 Mbps 25 miles (40 km). Approximate range at 11 Mbps for Access Point is 11.5 miles (18.5 km).

Thank for you reply

you mean it will support the laptop clients to connect to AP from 11.5 miles and can access to the internet ???

No, it will not support clients out anywhere near that far unless they also have one of these antenna's on their laptop. The gain of a client wireless card is very little.

Also, any clients that are close enough to the antenna will also have to be in the beam of the 3338 as it is a very confined beam width.

Seth

Thanks seth

your suggetions are really helpful.

I have decided to use AIR-ANT24120 (Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz, 12-dBi omnidirectional mast-mount antenna) with AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R. this AP will be at central location and other AP AIR-BR1310G-A-K9 will connect to centralised AP with "bridge with client" configuration.

hope i am going in rt direction.

Hi ghugerajesh1,

I was giving you a tech data for this antena. You could use it to bridge different building in the campus.

OK Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: