cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do Iset QOS on a 1720 Router by port number?

roger200x
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 2 1720 routers connected via a point to point t1 and I need to set QOS for UDP ports 5004 and 5440-5445. I would like to just do it by the port number and avoid lists and all that. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Roger

8 Replies 8

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

To set QoS for port number you still have to do it by the mentioned "lists". I.E. Access Lists.

But it's easy.

access-list 150 permit udp any any eq 5004

access-list 150 permit udp any any range 5440 5445

class-map match-any XYZ

match access-group 150

policy-map SOMEQOS

class XYZ

priority percent 30

class class-default

fair-queue

interface serialx/x

service-policy output SOMEQOS

And you're done.

Hope this helps

Hey, the priority percent 30, what does that do and if I lower or raise it what will it do? Also, the XYZ... what is that? Am I supposed to put somethign there?

I know cisco routers, but I havent ever had to configure QOS or anything really complicated before, just basic to mid-level stuff, so any help is much appreciated!!!

THANKS!

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

Another method of doing it besides access-list as shown by slidersv is to use "ip nbar port map" command.

config t# ip nbar port-map custom-01 udp 5004 5440 5441 5442 5442 5444 5445

(you can have a port-map line for each port, or put 7 ports in the same line, up to 16 ports are allowed on one line separated by a blank space.)

class-map XYX

match protocol custom-01

set dscp af21 (or whatever dscp value for your application)

policy-map Custom

class XYX

bandwidth percent xxxx

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect dscp-based

OR

class XYX

priority percent xxxx (using LLQ)

class class-default

fair-queue

random-detect dscp-based

Then, apply policy Custom to your serial interface:

config t

int s0/0

service-policy output Custom

Use "sh policy-map int s0/0" to verify.

hth,

hieu

fyi:

In the later IOSs (e.g. 12.4) you can name the nbar custom port matches (e.g. ip nbar custom myname . . .) and you can also use port ranges (e.g. . . . range 5440 5445.)

roger200x
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the access-list method by slidersv and it worked on one of my 1720s but not the other, the 2nd wont do class-map match-any xyz, it doesnt support the match-any I guess becasue its not an option. Also, the priority percent 30 wont work, it only allows a bandwidth rating not a precent...

is there somethign conflicting or somethign like that? They are both twin routers, both 1720s with 11 fas eth and 1 t1 csu/dsu card...

roger

What IOS images are they running?

12.1 & 12.2

What you tried worked on 12.2 but not 12.1? (QoS features, and sometimes syntax, do vary per IOS.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: