Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager, DCR, and Data Collection Nightmare

brobinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

We have LMS 2.6...

Do device discovery, which comes up with 169 devices. All reachable. Then under Data Collection, it only shows 150. Some of our switches that show up in device discovery do not show up under data collection. How to fix this?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of devices are they? What are their sysObjectIDs? Is LMS integrated with ACS?

They are mostly 3550 24-PWR... Don't know sysObjectIDs... Yes, LMS is integrated with ACS. Thanks for your help. I'm all outta ideas!!!

Check the Devices not in ACS report under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports to see if the devices are listed there. If they are, add them as clients to the ACS server, then restart ACS and dmgtd.

Thanks, that seems to have work for most devices!

One question though, when I run that report a bunch of devices that are already in DCR with their loopback come up with the fa0/0 address. How to get rid of these, or does it matter?

Provided all of the devices are in ACS by the one true address, you will need to temporarily break the ACS integration (i.e. set authorization mode back to CiscoWorks Local), then remove the extraneous devices from DCR. Once DCR looks correct, re-establish the ACS integration.

Thanks so much, I will try it tomorrow! ALOHA -

It worked! Thanks so much for your help, I never though we'd ever get the Campus Manager and DCR to sync up! Mahalo!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: