Views
Helpful
Replies

Loosing Connection CSS Management Port

jharvey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a pair of CSS 11503's configured in a one arm design - one gig port is trunked back to the LAN and the other is used fro ISC.

I keep experiencing a strange problem with my telnet conecction to the ethernet management port. There doesn't seems to be a pattern to the telnet disconnect, it is intermitent.

I have established the following facts about the problem;

- I can ping to both the Gig ports, traffic is stil flowing thrugh the CSS.

- The switchport that the management port is connected to remains up/up.

- The problem seems to correct itself after a period of time and i can establish a new telnet session.

Thanks for your help.

Joe Harvey

8 Replies 8

jharvey
Level 1
Level 1

Update:

After further testing, i have established that the management port also becomes unavaiable if you launch the Web Management Interface.

Both CSS are running version 08.10.2.05.

Thanks

Joe

tjcouey
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I am experiencing the same issue.

No, not yet still carrying out some testing.

I am having the same issue and am about to open a TAC case. Have you already done this? I have two CSS11506's, two 11503's and two 11501's and they all act the same way.

No, I have not raised a TAC case yet. What OS are you running? I have 2 more CSSs running 8.2 and they seem fine.

7.40.1.13s on my 11503's and 8.10.3.01 on my 11506's

Ok, it looks like its a problem on mutliple versions of OS.

Let me know what TAC come back with.

Cheers

Joe

Hi,

I've got to the bottom of this problem!

I raised a case with TAC what a stupid problems it is...

Basically, you need to check the switchports that the menagement ports are connected to are either set to auto/auto or both sides of the connection are set to 10MB/FD.

I discovered that my swicthports were set to 10FD but the CSS was set to auto and so negotiated 10HD. The wierd thing is, no errors are logged against the switchport and there is no idication of an issue on the CSS.

I've re-configures the CSS ports and now all is working fine :-).

Cheers

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: