Views
Helpful
Replies

automatic call reroute

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I have a 2-site call manager 4.2.3 cluster. Pub at one site and sub at other with a metroE link between them.

Each site has their own gateways and telco pri's.

I'm looking for a way to have callmgr automatically reroute a 4-digit site-to-site call over the pstn in the event the metroE link goes down.

My understanding is that the AAR feature would not work in this scenerio, in essance, call mgr would not "know" the link is down.

If anyone knows of a way to make this work I'd appreceiate hearing it.

thanks

Rob

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you have CMs at both locations, your phones will stay registered to CM when the MAN goes down, so you can not use the "forward on unregistered" feature. Unfortunatelly there is nothing you will be able to do to make it work :-( Translation Patterns, Route Patterns will not do it as the phone will always have presedence, people will need to dial full DIDs.

Chris

Chris

thanks. that's what i was afraid of.

unfortunately, cisco partner helpline told me aar would do the trick and i gave that answer to customer before i could dig into it.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: