cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uploading a text config

MZydorczyk2
Level 1
Level 1

If my CatOS switch is configured with "set config mode text", can I upload a config just by pasting the entire config at the prompt and it will run through it line by line like on a IOS switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you should be able to do that.

No, you don't need to format or change anything and you should be able to paste the list as-is. (assuming it's not hand-written but from other installation or system)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

As far as I know it should work in binary mode as well.

Difference between binary and text modes is the way the configuration is stored, and that in text mode you need to save it manually. But besides that, the commands should be pasteable without problem in any mode.

So I would be able to take an entire list of commands and paste them in all at once for it to execute one by one? Would I need to format the list of commands a certain way?

Yes you should be able to do that.

No, you don't need to format or change anything and you should be able to paste the list as-is. (assuming it's not hand-written but from other installation or system)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card