Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works issue

Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to push out a new IOS to a 6500 in my network. I am using cisco works to do this. The job keeps failing. the error i am receiving in cisco works is;failed to copy the image to flash due to the reason, copy invalid server address:invalid server address specified. where would I find this server address. I am trying to copy the ios to disk0: it worked for another 6500 but I am having problems with this one.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may be a bug on the device. You should enable SoftwareManagement debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then re-run your job. Then look at the swim_debug.log under the job directory (found under /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/swim on Solaris and NMSROOT\files\rme\jobs\swim on Windows).

In that log, you will see the actual SNMP objects RME is setting on the device. This should give you an idea of whether or not there is a problem with the server address value. You could also start a sniffer trace during the job filtering on traffic to the device, and see if that yields any obvious problems.

What specific should be looked at in the swim_debug.log. I do not see and invalid system address error.

Please start a new thread for your specific issue. You may want to post your swim_debug.log as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco