cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone View issue with 7970 and Unity Connection 2.0

pezevall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. I've set up a lab with Unity Connection 2.0 and I've been testing Phone View with different ip phone models. I've had no problems with 7941/7961 but when I tried with 7970 I had the following problem: When I enter voice mail I press 5 (Find a message) then I choose either 4(display all new messages) or 5 (display all messages) and I hear the message "Searching" and inmmediately after I hear the following message "There was an error displaying your messages. please try again. Contact your System Administrator for help if the problem is not resolved "

Anyone has run into this?

I appreciate your help.

Regards

Pedro

5 Replies 5

m-ketchum
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck with this. I have 7970's that don't play well with CME/Unity Express Voiceview.

Hi. In my case I was using CUCM 5.x and Unity Connection 2.0

The reason it was not working was because I had forgotten to associate the device to the Phoneview Application User, after I did it I was able to access the voice messages from the phone.

Hope it helps. Perhaps you may want to try upgrading IP phone firmware.

Pedro

Thanks for the response. Probably not the issue I'm having. I've run 3 different versions of firmware and now on the latest with no results. Thanks again!

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Pedro,

You may want to check and verify that the 7970 phones support phone view. I know certain models support phone view.

Phone View works only with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) phone systems, and only with certain Cisco IP phones (see Supported Hardware and Software, and Support Policies for Cisco Unity Connection for detailed information. The document is available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_installation_guides_list.html).

Hope this helps, please rate below if so.

Regards,

Justin

ciscokid6969
Level 1
Level 1

FYI i got the same message, and this is one of the only results in search engines for "there was an error displaying your messages" so i am going to make a comment here.

We had a situation where the 7941 phones are not able to get voicemails on them, but the same extension on an 8841 works fine. Turns out it was the phoneview setting on the unity user account who had the voicemail. Seems to no longer work (or has a bug) with older phones like the 7941.

hopefully this info helps someone. took about 2 hours for me to troubleshoot this and it was quite a weird issue.

can access by unity -> user -> edit menu -> phone menu -> uncheck 'enable phone view' for the user and then save. should instantly start working and they can now use their voicemail button again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: