I have registred a new 7911G ip phone with my cluster of 2 callmanagers, but i have these problem :
1) Cannot change the language.
2) for external calls (national or mobile), the quality is poor.
i think it's a problem of fireware as i don't have 7911 phone in device lists.
thanks for help,
7911G IP Phone - Supported CallManager Versions
Cisco CallManager version 4.1(3) SR1 or later
ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-25.3.exe, or later
So this means that you probably don't have the right Device Pack if the 7911G is not shown on the Device Defaults page. Here is how to update it;
Here is a clip of the install notes;
Perform the following procedure to install Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package X.X.exe:
1. Download the ciscocm-4-1-DevPack-X.X.exe file to your hard drive. Make a note of the location where you saved the file.
2. Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation.
3. Click Yes when the installation process displays a message that asks if you want to install this Device Package.
4. The remainder of the installation process continues without any additional user input.
5. Towards the end of the install it will prompt you "Update ALL devices firmware defaults?", (IMPORTANT) If you click "yes", it will change the default firmware load for all devices to the latest load packaged with this device pack, click "no" if you want to change the loads manually yourself later.
Note: In order to change the loads manually, you do NOT need to reinstall this Device Package. The new files will be present in the C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath folder. Go to CCMAdmin->System->Device Defaults and manually change the name of the load file (for specific device(s)) to the new load and click UPDATE. Next, reset the affected devices for them to upgrade to the new load.
The system will ask you if you want to view the logfile when the installation is complete.
6. Verify that the installation completed successfully by taking the following actions:
a. When the system prompts you to view the log file, if the number of errors listed in the dialog is "0", you can select No.
b. If the number of errors detected was greater than 0, select Yes to view the logfile and scroll down to the end of the log file. The errors section at the bottom of the log file will be updated with a corresponding severity.
c. Reset affected devices in order for them to obtain new firmware loads, or reboot the cluster.
Note: If the TFTP server is a separate server from the Publisher, the Cisco TFTP service needs to be stopped and restarted on the TFTP server before performing this step, unless the cluster (including the TFTP server) is being rebooted.
From this doc;
With the install of the devpak Step # 5 is very important. You probably don't want to change all of your existing phones firmware so be careful to answer NO if you don't want all models (7940/7960/7941/7961 etc) to have their default load updated.
Hope this helps!