cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

this should be simple....

sgendron9
Level 1
Level 1

please see the attachment. i'm preparing for the 1st test for the CCNA exam and i was taking the exam prep questions from the cisco prep center. the question is about hubs.... why was my answer wrong ??!! i always thought hubs amplified the signal before retransmitting ???

2 Replies 2

tromer
Level 1
Level 1

Your answer is right. The answer they say is right would be if it said "switch".

Don't be too surprised to see errors in the CDs in back of the book. I have been teaching for years, and there are always errors in their test engines.

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

Major primary feature of HUB before all is, it is used to extend the Ethernet LAN Segement.

Whereas considering the other features:

-->Adding a HUB eliminates the need for the users on a network segment to compete for the same bandwidth.

When you consider as Physical Layer Advantage of HUB, there you can answer "HUB amplifies the data signal before retransmitting it"

INFO: Please read your question carefully asking for a function of HUB are accurate (INFO: Understanding the challenges of Shared LANs)--->when you deeply understand the INFO inside the curly brases the Question asks for a "LAN" Features not the Physical Layer Feature.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card