Views
Helpful
Replies

problems with ATA and CCM

gerard van rij
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I've been struggling a long time to get my ATA's working. first I thought the ATA wouldn't work with HP faxes, but now... I even get communication errors on Canon faxes. I want to move all the faxes from my traditional telephone central, but everytime I start to move them I get problems with te ATA's.

I've attached my gateway config. Can anyone see the problem?

the ATA's are running SCCP.

could the command mgcp modem passthrough voip codec g711alaw

solve the problem?

regards,

Gerard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The ATA 186 supports fax pass-through. It detects the fax answer tone, disables silence suppression, and then renegotiates the coder/decoder (codec) to G.711 u-law or G.711 A-law. It does not support ITU T.38 standard or Cisco proprietary fax relay.

Refer to Configuring the Cisco ATA for Fax Pass-through mode for more information on how to configure the Cisco ATA

Super G3 Faxes are not supported because they use 33.6 kbps to establish the call. ATA only supports speeds up to 14.4 kbps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The ATA 186 supports fax pass-through. It detects the fax answer tone, disables silence suppression, and then renegotiates the coder/decoder (codec) to G.711 u-law or G.711 A-law. It does not support ITU T.38 standard or Cisco proprietary fax relay.

Refer to Configuring the Cisco ATA for Fax Pass-through mode for more information on how to configure the Cisco ATA

Super G3 Faxes are not supported because they use 33.6 kbps to establish the call. ATA only supports speeds up to 14.4 kbps.

solution found.

"no mgcp fax T38 inhibit" did the trick

finally I can finish this VoIP project

regards,

Gerard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: