Replies

NAC: Downloading Updated AV List?

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Please forgive the newbie question:

On a NAC 4.12 installation on the CAM it says, "Please Update AV List" under

Clean Access Agent--->Rules--->New AV List

Where do I download this list from? I understand how to do the Nessus Plugins but am confused about where I go to get AV List.

Thanks!

All responses will be rated.

1 Reply 1

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Since I didn't have routes in the firewall for the new subnets which are part of this NAC project this update process didn't work.

Here's the answer:

Retrieving Updates:

A variety of updates are available from the Clean Access Updates server, available under Device Management > Clean Access > Updates. You can perform updates manually as desired or schedule them to be performed automatically:

Cisco Checks and Rules

Cisco provides a variety of pre-configured rules ("pr_") and checks ("pc_") for standard client checks such as hotfixes, Windows update, and various antivirus software packages. Cisco checks and rules are a convenient starting point if you need to manually create your own custom checks and rules.

Supported AV/AS Product List

This list is a versioned XML file distributed from a centralized update server that provides the most current matrix of supported AV and AS vendors and product versions used to configure AV or AS Rules and AV or AS Definition Update requirements. This list is updated regularly to add support for new products. Note that the list provides version information only. When the CAM downloads the Supported AV/AS Product List it is downloading the information about what the latest versions are for AV/AS products; it is not downloading actual patch files or virus definition files. Based on this information, the Agent can then trigger the native AV/AS application to perform updates. For the latest details on products and versions supported, see Device Management > Clean Access > Clean Access Agent > Rules > AV/AS Support Info, or see the "Clean Access Supported Antivirus/Antispyware Product List" in the latest latest release notes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card