cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two T1 WICs in a LAB

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone please tell me what kind of cable will I need to make in order to connect two routers having T1(CSU/DSU) cards in a lab environment? Also, will I need to configure the clocking and if so how?

Thanks in advance,

sK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you hold one end of the cable with pins 1 - 8 from left to right. Go to the other end of the cable and hold it the same way. The pins should be 4,5,3,1,2,6,7,8. This would be the T-1 crossover cable.....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

You need crossover , refer to this link, for back-to-back WIC-t1s cabling, and few hiperlinks with config information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a00800a3f09.shtml#command

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

You need to use a T-1 cross-over cable. It uses pins:

1,2 4,5 on one end

4,5 1,2 on the other end

As for configuring it. depending upon the type of device you have you can use either the controller T-1 to configure it or use the Service-Module under the interface to configure it. As for the clocking. One end should be set for Internal clocking and the other end set for line clocking...Good Luck...Please rate...

Thanks all for the prompt response!

Just a little help with the RJ-45 and cable making; when I hold the RJ-45 connector, the pins orientation should be 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8, correct? So, according to your instructions, I should use one RJ-45 and insert the wires as follows: in pins 1|2|4|5| left to right but I got confused on the other end of the RJ-45, could you please explain which pin slots the wires should inserted in?

Thanks,

sK

If you hold one end of the cable with pins 1 - 8 from left to right. Go to the other end of the cable and hold it the same way. The pins should be 4,5,3,1,2,6,7,8. This would be the T-1 crossover cable.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card