Views
Helpful
Replies

What CPU Type?

gpopescu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know what kind of processors have and what is their frequency for the 1800, 2800 and 3800 series routers?

Thank you in advance,

Gabriel Popescu

9 Replies 9

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

Hmm... Cisco seems to not disclose the information easily about that.

But in reality it's not that important. What they do disclose is the ISR performance based on your needs - maximum number of tunnels, switching speed, etc. It's all in official tables like this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68.html

(look at table 7)

Otherwise, the only Megahertz that I have found was by using "SHOW PCI HARDWARE" command.

It has output like the following, and shows clock of PCI bus (not CPU)

PCI Clocks Info:

PCI0 running at 50 MHz

PCI1 running at 50 MHz

PCI2 (AIM0) running at 25 MHz

PCI3 (AIM1) running at 25 MHz

PCI4 (Slot2) running at 25 MHz

PCI5 (Slot1) running at 25 MHz

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All are MPC860, clocked for example at 160 MHz for the 2811. Higher models will have higher clocks.

I don't know if it's in the same family, but my 1811 has an MPC8500, not an MPC860. It's the same family of processor used in the G5 Macs. Clocked at what? I don't know.

Thank you very much. You seem to have the most complete information. I would realy appreciate if you would tell me the clock for the other models too (3800, 1800). Maybe you can disclose the source, to document myself, because I think that, however, the different series of the models x800 have different clocks(i.e. 3825-3845, 2801-2811-2821-2851).

Gabriel Popescu

Yes they have different clocks and CPUs.

The information is difficult to find unless you do a little of investigation yourself. For example, the 3845's CPU is a BCM1125H (mips-64 compatible) clocked probably around 600 MHz.

In any case this info has no practical information, as routers are no PCs, you should exclusively use the performance guidelines as mentioned before.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the info. I just wanted to see the differences and advantages from the previous generation of ISRs (26XX, 37XX).

Regards,

Gabriel Popescu

A lot of differences. The new routers are like 5 times faster, perhaps more. Check attached document.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Wooops... the attachment.

Thank you. It realy helped.

Gabriel Popescu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: