cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call cant be completed as dialed - h323

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 7204vxr (test branch office) connected to another 7204vxr (production) via a ppp t-1. the 7204 test branch doesnt have any connectivity to the pstn but the production 7204 has 2 pri's.

i want to be able to make offnet calls from the test branch through the production 7204 via the 2 pri's. i can currently make on net calls but as soon as i dial "9" from the test branch to get an outside line i hear "call can not be completed as dialed." i have a voip dial-peer pointing to one of my call managers and i added another voip dial-peer with a destination pattern of 9T pointing at the production 7204 but it didnt work - same error message.

any hints would be great. i know this isnt a normal configuration.

thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

1. Do you have a Route Pattern on the test box sending the call to the Production CM or have you configured an H323 Gateway on the Test CM and pointed it to the Production Gateway ??

If you are using an ICT, you will need to ensure that the CSS assigned to the ICT on your Production Server has access to the Route Pattern being used to route call to PSTN

1. i dont have a route pattern on the test branch. i attempted to use a dial-peer pointing to the production gateway. i also dont have a ccm at the test branch yet - maybe not ever. i would like to configure the test branch to be able to call pstn with out a ccm onsite.

i'm not using ICT at the test branch.

How are the phones registered at the test branch ?? Do you have a CME ??

the phones register to call manager offsite. i dont have cme.

dhcp for the phones:

ip dhcp pool Phones

network 192.168.222.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 192.168.222.1

option 150 ip 172.16.1.11 --> call manager

dns-server 172.17.1.250 172.21.1.250

domain-name name.com

lease 8

Do you have a CSS assigned to the phones at the test branch which can access the Route Patterns ??

i do - we have a ccs that allows everyone to call anyone on the network.