Passed INTRO and ICND but not CCNA qualified?

Unanswered Question
Aug 16th, 2007

Iv'e been on the certification tracking website and this looks very strange.

Having passed the INTRO exam last year and just passed the ICND a few days ago I expected to have my CCNA, but no, evidently I'm only part qualified as I also need to pass ICND1 & ICND2 exams to get the CCNA. This can't be right.

If this is the case why should anyone bother with the INTRO and ICND that are to be retired? just wait until they are gone and take the new ones and save some time and cash.

Does anyone else know anything about this?

If someone from cisco can answer my query my Cisco ID is CSCO11072676

I'm very confused and deflated at the moment and anybody thinking of taking the ICND in the near future to get their CCNA (err.. hopefully) should also be aware of this. If what I have described is not a mistake then I wouldn't bother taking the INTRO and the ICND.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
NateBattle Fri, 08/17/2007 - 04:26

According to Cisco passing the 640-821 and 640-811 exam is all you need to become certified. I would give Cisco a call to see what gives. Perhaps you have some duplicate records in their system. Please keep me informed as i will be in the same boat as you because I am taking the 811 exam next Saturday.

caskid2001 Sat, 08/18/2007 - 02:25

I gave Cisco a call and they assured me I had qualified for the CCNA and that I should wait a further week then check the certification tracker to see if it's been ammended. I think the're having problems with the tracker. I'm just worried that it may prevent me taking a CCNP exam or I may not be able to validate my qualification in an interview situation.

In short, I'll be happy when the tracker is rectified and the certificate is in my hand.

I hope you pass the exam next saturday, but you may have to chase cisco up to update their records.

Good luck on the exam

johndalzell Fri, 08/17/2007 - 06:04

I recently passed the 2 tests as well. My online tracking seems to be in the same status as yours. I just sent an e-mail to the web team and asked them if they could take a look at it. I will post their response when I receive it. BTW CONGRATULATIONS!!!

scottmac Sat, 08/18/2007 - 08:23

It takes a while to get through the system.

Give it a week or so and see fi things get posted as you'd expect.

Good Luck

weddy-cisco Fri, 08/24/2007 - 05:41

I found myself in the same situation yesterday. It's *very* reassuring to see that there are others with the same problem. It would definitely help if there were more information posted on the main site or in the "instant answers" (which is nearly worthless) about what the expected delays between passing tests and having correct certification status displayed is. This would save people from upsetting themselves thinking that they'd wasted time preparing (and passing!) a test that might've been meaningless, if it's really just a normal delay in the system that's keeping their correct status from being displayed.

taylor.alan Tue, 08/28/2007 - 11:57

yeah I'm exactly the same passed my ICND on Friday the 24th Aug and mine hasn't been updated yet.

Can you post back once it has been updated to let us know?

This Discussion